Grilled Pepper Bruschetta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34998 times
Bruschettas are of Italian origin and are traditionally prepared by grilling a toast over a wood fire in order to infuse the smoky taste.
I have however, used a charcoal barbeque for making these you can also use the electric one if you like or even an oven will do just as well.
You can also try other bruschettas like Pesto and Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta or Pear and Brie Bruschetta .
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and peppers and sauté for a few minutes till they are lightly browned.
- Add the oregano and salt and mix well.
- Cool, add the cheese and mix again.
- Cream the butter and garlic together and keep aside.
- Apply some garlic butter onto each bread slice and grill over a charcoal or electric barbeque for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides.
- Spoon the topping mixture on to each slice and grill over a slow charcoal or electric barbeque for another 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot garnished with basil.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.