Bruschettas ( Healthy Diabetic Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54071 times
Cubes of firm ripe red tomatoes marinated in olive oil, combined with fresh aromatic basil leaves topped on crispy bruschettas, serve as starters that can liven up any dinner party! To get the full flavour, marinate the topping well. Ensure that you deseed the tomatoes; else the topping will become watery and the bread will become soggy.
Whole wheat bread is full of fibre as it is made using whole wheat flour. The garlic paste applied on the bread, apart from lending the dish the health benefits of garlic, also imparts a good flavour.
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally into two. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil and garlic paste and apply a little paste to each bread triangle and toast them on a non-stick pan till they turn light brown in colour on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the bread triangles on a flat dry surface, spread a portion of the topping evenly on each bread.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.