Sandwich Uttapa ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92064 times
An uttapa with a difference! the spread-out batter is topped with veggies and coated with another layer of batter, to make a sandwich, which is then cut into equal wedges and served hot with the typical south indian accompaniments.
- Pour ¾ cup of the dosa batter on the greased non-stick tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7") thick uttapa.
- Place ½ tbsp of butter in the centre, add 1½ tbsp of green garlic chutney, 1½ tbsp of coconut chutney, mix well and smear evenly over the uttapa using a spatula.
- Spread ¼ cup of onions, ¼ cup of tomatoes, 2 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tsp of chilli powder, ½ tsp of garam masala and salt evenly over the uttapa and press it lightly, using a spatula.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter over the vegetables, spread it evenly using spatula to make a thin layer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Smear another ½ tbsp of butter evenly over it and cut into 4 equal pieces using the sharp edge of the spatula on the tava (griddle).
- Place the pieces on a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.