Indian Travel Food for Vacations, Indian Travel Food for International travel
Indian Travel Food for Vacations, Indian Travel Food for International travel. We asked our cooking fans which is the Indian foods they travel with and we got response for travel foods from South India, Rajashtani travel food, Gujarati travel food, Maharashtrain travel food to Sindhi travel food.
Given below are readers responce. In lots of cases we may not have a recipe but this is a fun article to see what Indians travel food is. You cannot go wrong when we have 150 food lovers giving their answers. Please leave your commnents at the bottom of the page with the food you love to travel with and we will include them in our article.
Maharashtrain travel food
1. Maharashtrian Speciality - Bhopalyache Gharge - Red pumpkin and jaggery puri. It lasts up to 3-4 days. Also Bhajaniche Vade with kokum Chutney. Maharashtrian Style dry lehsun Chutney is also a lifesaver in case you do not like local food. Use it like a spread on chapatti / bread or sprinkle on rice.
2. I am from Kokan and we usually carrry ghavne with batata suji bhaji with nariyal chutney ( we grind it without water).
3. Vada pav wrapped in cling wrap as individual portion, toast sandwiches, pulav and as dessert eggless date walnut cake... its kind of full meal... family happy
South Indian travel food
1. Idlis and tomato chutney prepared without adding any water is the other dish that I carry along.
2. Rice sevai - not the readymade seviyaan. This one is made by soaking rice, grinding and making sevai at home. You can temper it with simple tadka or lemon sevai anything of your choice. Puliodharai with home made pulikachal along with chips. Curd rice with more of milk and a ladle of curd. This will ensure that the curd rice is not sour when you eat it after 6 or 8 hrs.
3. I always carry some idly nicely coated with idly podi (gun powder ) methi ka parathas with mango pickle , some Banana cake , some paniyaram , some murukku , some home made dry fruits burfi and in rice varieties. I usually carry lemon rice with lots of groundnut and eat with crispy fried potatoes.
4. Tamarind rice, curd rice (with more milk and less curd), chapatti, Tomato chutney, Tamarind chutney, onion chutney with tamarind, homemade cakes or cupcakes, pickles, fruits, bread butter jam. Sometimes we carry homemade sweets and Murukku.
5. Ragi idli with curry leaves thokku. Both are very healthy. Idli being steamed is best for travel.
Idlis is also easy to make and pack in large quantities; so many people prefer to carry it along while travelling in large parties. If you make the batter beforehand, then all you need to do is steam the idlis, let them cool, coat them with til oil and pack them. If you expect to keep the idlis for a whole day, then it is common to also apply some malgapodi on the idlis along with the til oil. See our aticle on idli dosa travel foods.
Rajasthani travel food
1. We carry Rajasthani special ker sangri ki sabzi and besan stuffed green chilly with namak mirchi ka parantha.
2. Baked methi matri is a perfect dry snack for travelling.
3. Roasted Makhana with diff spices and flavors, atta laddoo, tikki, homemade granola bars, diff kinds of chikki.
Gujarati travel food
1. Different varieties of plain thepla , masala thepla, Gujarati methi thepla along with a dollop of pickle serves as a on the go meal. Also, vegetable fried rice serves as good meal. Apart from these, makhana chivda, homemade cake loaf slices, elo jhelo nimki, etc are good options to carry.
2. Methi thepla without curds which lasts for 15 days.
3. Sukhi aloo witth thepla.
Sindhi travel food
1. Sindhi special lola , (basically sweet roti) , Sindhi koki, salt and pepper roti.
2. Sindhi special different types of koki made with onion or kali mirch koki for travelling and we even take meetha lola.
Punjabi travel food
1. Methi paratha with instant mango pickle.
2. Sandwiches which don't get spoint like cheesy corn and carrot sandwich.
3. Makki ki roti with achar.
Enjoy our Indian Travel Food for Vacations, Indian Travel Food for International travel and other Indian Travel Food recipe articles below.
18 Indian Travel Food Dhokla Recipes
29 Indian Travel Food Dry Snacks Recipes
18 Indian Travel Food Idli / Dosa / Upma Recipes
21 Indian Travel Food Paratha Recipes
19 Indian Travel Food Rice Recipes
18 Indian Travel Food Sabzi Recipes
Indian Travel Food Sandwiches Recipes