Chutney Sandwich, Green Chutney Sandwich Roadside Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15033 times
Here is a peppy sandwich that is sure to remind you of your favourite street foods! In this easy-to-make recipe, bread slices are buttered and sandwiched with a vibrant green chutney that strikes a spicy conversation with your taste buds!
You can prepare this as a quick snack any time you are hungry or relish it in the evening with a cup of tea. Alternatively, you can store this in a dry, airtight container and carry it along for tiffin – it will stay fresh for at least 3 hours.
Have a go at other sandwiches like Besan Chila Sandwich or Green Pea and Cucumber Sandwich .
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2½ tbsp water in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Spread ½ tsp of green chutney on each bread slice and spread it evenly. Sprinkle a little chaat masala evenly over both the buttered-chutney bread slices, finally cover with a buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 9 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 portions and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.