Eggplant, Tomato and Chutney Toasted Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22754 times
A very interesting sandwich that is sure to please the indian tongue, the eggplant, tomato and chutney toasted sandwich is made with a rare combination of perfectly browned eggplant slices jazzed up with green chutney, tomato slices and cheese strips.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add the oil and arrange the eggplant slices on it and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the eggplant is light brown in colour and cooked. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply little chutney on both the bread slices.
- Put 6 eggplant slices, 3 small cheese strips, 3 tomato slices over it and sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with the chutney side bread facing down. Apply butter on both the sides and cook on a non-stick tava(griddle) for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sandwich is brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps2 to 4 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||529.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||48 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.