Veg Toast Sandwich, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8756 times
When you want a veg sandwich but are in no mood to settle for a plain one, go for this snazzy Veg Toast Sandwich.
Here, generously buttered bread slices are sandwiched with juicy and crunchy vegetable slices and a dash of peppy chutneys and sandwich masala, and toasted till it acquires a wonderful golden hue, an aroma that makes you drool and a flavour that deserves the highest ranking!
A garnish of crunchy sev adds to the drool-worthiness of this snack. Make sure this Veg Toast Sandwich is served immediately upon toasting, because the chutneys will tend to make the crisp bread soggy after a while.
Try other Mumbai roadside recipes like Falooda or Bread Pakoda .
Add your private note
Veg Toast Sandwich, Mumbai Roadside Recipe recipe - How to make Veg Toast Sandwich, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 sandwiches
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Spread 1 tsp of green chutney on each buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Arrange 5 cucumber slices on one buttered-chutney bread slice, place 4 potato slices over it and sprinkle a little salt and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Arrange 4 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, 2 capsicum slices and 1 beetroot slice evenly over it. Finally sprinkle a little salt and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Grease a sandwich toaster on both the sides using ½ tsp of butter.
- Place the sandwich in the sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of sev evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 10 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Veg Toast Sandwich by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.