Toasted Samosa Sandwich, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56567 times
An all-time favourite Mumbai roadside recipe, the Toasted Samosa Sandwich is made with commonly available ingredients and regular bread, so that you can conjure it up anytime you want!
Here, bread is buttered, lined with green chutney and sandwiched with a flattened samosa. Crunchy and juicy veggies and a sprinkling of sandwich masala add more josh to this scrumptious snack. Finally, the sandwich is toasted – to boost the flavours as well as to hold the ingredients together.
The Toasted Samosa Sandwich is just awesome, and can be served as an evening snack to surprise your kids when they are back from school.
Check out our recipes for Sandwich Masala and Green Chutney , so you can make everything easily at home.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney on each slice.
- Flatten a samosa, place it on one buttered-chutney bread slice.
- Arrange 2 onion slices, 2 capsicum slices and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala over the samosa.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over the bread slice.
- Grease a sandwich toaster on both the sides using ½ tsp of butter.
- Place the sandwich in the sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces using a sharp knife, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||1501.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||252.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.