Chutney Cheese Toast Sandwich , Mumbai Roadside Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11192 times
The Chutney Cheese Toast Sandwich is a buttery and tasty toast that is much-loved by Mumbaiites. It is sold all across the city by roadside food vendors, and is surprisingly easy to replicate at home!
The Chutney Cheese Toast as the name suggests is buttered bread, lined with chutney, sandwiched with cheese and toasted till the cheese melts and mingles with the chutney.
You can use cheese slices or grated cheese to make this recipe, but just ensure that you are generous with the butter to get the authentic texture and taste.
You can also try other Mumbai roadside recipes like the Samosa Sandwich and Mysore Masala Dosa .
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface. Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Spread 1 tsp of green chutney on each buttered bread slice.
- Place a cheese slice over one buttered-chutney bread slice.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Place the sandwich in a greased sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.