Mini Onion Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16814 times
These scrumptious bite-sized samosas are excitingly stuffed with onions that have been sautéed with masala powders for that really mouthwatering aroma and flavour. Sautéing the onions rids it of the raw smell and imparts a rich aroma instead. The texture also gets more enjoyable.
Mini Onion Samosas together with tomato ketchup or green chutney are ideal for serving at a Cocktail Party , and when enjoyed in the company of close friends and family, you are bound to lose count of how many you had!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the chilli powder, garam masala, dried mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander and besan and mix well. Keep aside.
- Knead the dough well till smooth and elastic and divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 75 mm. (3”) diameter oval shape.
- Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone and seal it with little water.
- Stuff the cone with 1 tsp of the filling and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 19 more mini samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry all the samosas on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values per mini samosa
|Vitamin A||55.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.