635 chana dal, split Bengal gram Recipes | Recipes using chana dal | Indian chana dal Recipes |
635 chana dal, split Bengal gram Recipes | Recipes using chana dal | Indian chana dal Recipes. Bengal gram, which are just baby chickpeas chickpeas, is a yellow lentil that has been split and polished. They have a sweet, nutty taste. They can be roasted and powdered to make chickpea flour (besan) and are widely used in Indian cuisine to make an array of dishes.
Chana Dal and Cabbage Tikki
It is a versatile ingredient. It is widely appreciated as health food and a rich source of proteins for cereal-based diets. It also helps in lowering the cholesterol level in the bloodstream and is also good for diabetic patients as it has a low glycemic index.
10 Ways that chana dal can be used in
Kalmi Vada, Rajashtani Kalmi Vada
Chana Dal Recipes for Snacks
This lentil is used extensively in India in all its forms, especially in snacks.
1. Ranging from simple yet delectable recipes like Chana Dal Pancakes that are flavored with methi and ginger.
Chana Dal Pancakes ( Gluten Free )
2. To more complicated ones like the Fried Chana Dal, a specialty found on the streets of India.
Fried Chana Dal, Savoury Jar
3. Chana dal is also an essential ingredient of all the chutneys we eat along with our South Indian Delicacies. Mysore chutney, a spicy, garlicky, chana dal accompaniment, is the ideal thing to have with idli and dosas!
10 Popular recipes using chana dal
The great thing about Chana dal is that it tastes great in a wide range of dishes including salads, curries, tikki etc.
1. Qabooli biryani is a flavorful, aromatic, spiced, slow-cooked biryani layered with Chana dal. It is a filling meal, rich in protein and fiber.
Qabooli Biryani, Hyderabadi Chana Dal Biryani
2. Who doesn't love dal Vada? This crispy, Chana dal Vada are the perfect tea-time snack.
Chana Dal Vada
3. Got some boiled leftover dal from last night? How about stuffing them to make delicious Dal paratha?!
Chana Dal Paratha
4. This popular Maharashtrian delicacy, Puran poli is a sweet made by stuffing Chana dal mixture to wheat flour and is widely made during Ganesh Chaturthi and Diwali.
Puran Poli, Maharashtrian Puran Poli Recipe
5. Chana Dal Halwa
Chana Dal Halwa ( Indian Cooking)
6. Palak Chana Dal
Palak Chana Dal
7. Cucumber Chana Dal : Cooked simply with minimal spices, this Jain -friendly Cucumber Chana Dal is nevertheless very tasty, mainly because of the consistency of the chana dal, which is cooked to a stage where it is soft but still retains a bit of its crunch.
Cucumber Chana Dal
8. Chana Dal Aur Gur Chawal
Health benefits of chana dal
Basic Chana Dal Recipe
Suran Chana Dal Tikkis
If you want to know more about the Uses of Chana Dal, then you can check out our article on that.
Health Benefits of Cooked Chana Dal, split Bengal gram
One cup of cooked Chana Dal provides 33% of your protein for the day. Chana dal is heart and diabetic friendly, also rich in fiber. Chana dal has high amount of potassium and low amount of sodium which makes it very effective in regulating your blood pressure. Read this article on complete benefits of chana dal.