Kalmi Vada, Rajashtani Kalmi Vada
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Kalmi Vada, Rajashtani Kalmi Vada in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Kalmi Vada, Rajashtani Kalmi Vada in Gujarati)
Added to 212 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126377 times
A perfect accompaniment for tea on a cold winter’s day, this Rajasthani delicacy is also surprisingly very easy to prepare.
Made with a coarsely blended batter of chana dal, perked up with green chillies, onions, dhania seeds, etc., Kalmi Vada has a wonderfully crunchy texture and stimulating flavour, which make it a challenge to stop with one serving!
In order to achieve that ideal texture, you need to make sure the chana dal is ground coarsely and not too finely.
Khamiri Green Peas Puris , Pyaaz ki Kachori and Kanji Vadas are a few other Rajasthani snacks you are sure to relish.
- Combine the chana dal and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 37 mm. (1½”) diameter round, flat vada.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few vadas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per vada
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.