Chana Dal Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 499 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 163697 times
It has been recently discovered that chana dal is a very beneficial pulse for diabetics as it helps in the utilization of sugar effectively causing a slow rise in blood sugar levels because of its low glycemic index. This recipe makes use of soaked chana dal mixed with vitamin rich vegetables and protein rich curds to enhance its taste. Grated ginger and green chillies add the much-needed spice to the pancakes. Cook these pancakes over a slow flame as the chana dal is coarsely ground and will take a while to cook well.
- Grind the soaked chana dal into a coarse paste adding a little water if required.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, spinach, carrot, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the curds and fruit salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions, spread one portion of the batter on a non-stick pan and make a pancake of approx. 125 mm. (5") diameter
- Cook on a slow flame till both sides are golden brown, drizzling a little oil if required.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.