Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63313 times
Mini pancakes are a handy snack, which can be served anytime, whether to kids returning from school or to guests at a party. And, when made with a different batter, such as this one made of moong dal and curds, it becomes a unique and memorable treat.
These Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes are a pretty sight to behold, with a light greenish colour, speckled with flakes of cottage cheese and grated carrot, and they also have a nice and peppy flavour, thanks to the addition of curds to the batter.
Cooking them in a mini uttapa pan is an easy way to complete large batches with minimal effort, but in case you don’t have one, you could always pour out small uttapas in a regular tava itself.
These delicious mini pancakes also make a good recipe to serve for Breakfast .
- Soak the green moong dal in enough hot water in a deep bowl for 2 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dal, green chillies and curds in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl add the besan, carrot, paneer, asafoetida, baking powder, salt and approx. ¼ cup of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease with little oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould and spread it lightly.
- Cook on both sides, using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 14 more mini pancakes in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.