Stuffed Ragi Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 215 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62776 times
Ragi is a very respectable grain because of its undisputed goodness and high nutrition content! No wonder it is used in almost all regions of India, in forms ranging from pancakes to porridge.
The Stuffed Ragi Pancake is a very exciting way to consume this wonderful ingredient because it combines nutritional benefits with fabulous taste! The ragi and whole wheat flour pancakes are stuffed with a fibre-rich mixed veg filling, which not only adds to the taste but also helps to control cholesterol.
The pancakes are devoid of maida and also cooked in minimal oil to make them heart-friendly. You will also thoroughly enjoy the Oriental twist in this dish, brought about by the use of ingredients like bean sprouts, spring onions and chilli sauce!
Stuffed Ragi Pancakes with a glassful Spinach Spectacular will keep you going full force all day!
- Soak the ragi in enough water in a deep bowl for overnight.
- Wash, drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a approx. ½ cup of water.
- Transfer into a bowl, add the whole wheat flour and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with a 1/8 tsp of oil and pour a ladleful of the batter to form a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Cook using ¼ tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 to make 7 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, chilli flakes and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, cabbage, bean sprouts, spring onion greens, chilli sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, place 2 tbsp of the stuffing on one side and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetable stuffing and pancakes to make 7 more stuffed pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.