by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60615 times
A thoughtful mélange of moong sprouts and veggies, this dish is not just easy to put together but also a real culinary and visual treat!
When you are bored of eating plain moong sprouts, turn to this delicacy. Moong sprouts contain a horde of nutrients like protein, iron, calcium , zinc, B vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium too.
With no flour other than 2 tbsp of besan added in these pancakes for binding, the overall carb content is within limits. These pancakes thus easily fit into the diet of weight-watchers and diabetics both. With good amounts of fibre being contributed, those with heart disease can also enjoy them.
Well, the recipe makes use of greens like spinach and methi, as they are most commonly consumed. However you can even unusual greens like cauliflower greens, amaranth leaves etc. These in fact have considerable amounts of iron, necessary to build your haemoglobin levels.
Want to try more healthy snacks? Check out the recipe of Mixed Dal Chillas and Oven Baked Pumpkin Fries.
Enjoy how to make Sprouts Pancakes recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Combine the moong sprouts and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the carrots, spinach fenugreek, besan, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly to make a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle and cook using ¼ tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Sprouts Pancakes ( Healthy Breakfast) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.