Stuffed Spinach Pancakes ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26920 times
Sumptuous, tasty, low-cal... this Stuffed Spinach Pancake leaves just one word in your mind... WOW! An ideal snack for evenings, these whole wheat flour pancakes ooze out the goodness of spinach, the tanginess of tomatoes and onions, and the richness of mozzarella cheese. Despite having a chewy, cheesy texture, the creation remains low-fat due to the proper combination of ingredients like whole wheat flour, low-fat milk, spinach, etc.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl with ½ cup water and mix well to make a smooth batter of dropping consistency. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Heat and grease the 125mm (5”) diameter circle non-stick pan using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cool slightly and pour ¼ cup of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook the pancake using ¼ tsp of oil on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove the pancake on a clean dry surface and spread one portion of the stuffing on one edge.
- Fold the pancake to make a semi-circle and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more pancakes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.