Hara Bhara Kebabs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 364 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40410 times
A healthy vegetarian version of kebabs with a tasty blend of ingredients. The spinach adds to its vitamin a content while contributing very little to the carbohydrate levels. The green peas add bulk and fibre to this dish. Roll these kebabs in whole wheat bread crumbs to make them more nourishing than those coated with refined flour bread crumbs or rava. .
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour.
- Drain, add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or until the dal is cooked. Drain out and discard any excess water.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the spinach, green peas and cooked dal mixture and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Add the paneer, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat kebabs. Shaped kebab.
- Roll the kebabs in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the kebabs on both sides till they are golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.
Hara Bhara Kebab (Vegetarian Kebab Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kebab
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.