Mixed Sprouts and Chana Dal Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 179 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58484 times
Main highlight of this recipe is use of chana dal, masoor dal and mixed sprouts. These are considered to be high in protein, but addition of Paneer improves the quality of the protein. Also use of pulses makes this recipe high in fibre and iron….Serve it immediately with lovely green chutney and see how these tikkis disappear in a few minutes
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal and masoor dal in enough water in a bowl for 3 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked dals, mixed sprouts and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are half-cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the dal and sprouts mixture and refresh using cold water.
- Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture, without using water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the onions, coriander, paneer, green chilli paste, salt and 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round tikki.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ½ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki on a non-stick tava (griddle) using 1/8 tsp of oil, till they are evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Mixed Sprouts and Chana Dal Tikki (Protein Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.