Signal Chilas ( Recipe for Toddlers)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46059 times
This tricoloured chilas are sure to lease your toddlers and make them eat these healthy nutritious chilas!
- Wash and soak all the dals in enough water for 4-5 hours, drain and blend in a mixer till smooth. Add little water while blending.
- Add the salt and divide the batter into 3 equal portions.
- To make 6 red coloured chilas, add tomato ketchup and carrots to one portion, mix well and keep aside.
- To make 6 yellow coloured chilas, add bottle gourd and turmeric powder to the second portion, mix well and keep aside.
- For, green coloured chilas, add spinach puree to the remaining portion, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a spoonful of each red, yellow and green coloured batter and spread to make small thin rounds of approximately 50 mm (2”) diameter.
- Cook using oil till they turn golden brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more coloured chilas.
- Arrange the red, yellow and green chilas in a row on a plate to make signals and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.