Pindi Chole ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 108149 times
Pindi chole, although this classic recipe is an indispensable part of any elaborate menu, making it can be quite tedious! not any more, thanks to the pressure cooker that makes this dish so easy and fast to make.
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana and chana dal overnight. Next day, drain and wash again. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the black cardamom, green cardamom and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds or till the flavour releases.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves, onions, green chillies, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic and pomegranate powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, kitchen king masala, garam masala, chana masala and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy, while stirring continuously.
- Add the kabuli chana, chana dal, teabag and 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.