Top 10 Healthy Indian Lunch Box Ideas
Top 10 healthy Indian lunch box ideas. veg lunch box ideas. Are you bored taking the same old food in your lunch box? Do not worry because this article will make it your life easier. We have chosen the healthiest recipes for kids and adults for healthy lunch box ideas in their tiffin box. There is no use of sugar, maida, white bread or any not so healthy ingredient in our recipes. All recipes will keep your loved one full as they are no sugar spurts in the recipes.
1. Rotis and Parathas: Indian breads – rotis and parathas are always the first choice for lunch box for many. It is easy and convenient to carry and satiating too!
Oats Methi Roti with a bowl of curd is one simple, easy and tasty option. They are fiber rich and made with a combination of wheat flour and oats. Methi can be replaced with spinach or mint too. One roti yields 3.2 of fiber.
Methi Oats Roti
The unique Broccoli Paratha has the brilliant flavour of mixed herbs, chilli flakes and pepper. Add in in some antioxidants y way of this paratha. Kids are also sure to love indulging in them.
Broccoli Paratha ( Tiffin Treats)
2. Healthy Indian Dry Snacks: Namkeen or dry jar snacks are a popular food item made as a daily fare and during festive occasions as well. They are best Tea time snack for evening. Easy to carry to work or school too. How about avoiding deep-frying them and baking them to perfection?
We suggest Baked Seedai – a South Indian delicacy baked in an oven. With only 91 calories per serving, enjoy them as a munchie. Try it and you will forget the packaged chips.
Seedai, Baked South Indian Jar Snack
You can also try some Gujarati Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra. Crispy khakhra cooked without oil make a great snack to share with friends and colleagues. Make them on weekends and carry to work during the week.
Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra
3. Wraps and Rolls: All the wraps we have chosen are healthy. All made from whole wheat flour and maida is avoided. Also fattening and unhealthy ingredients like potatoes are avoided. This yummy looking Cauliflower and Green Pea Wrap gets its colour from beetroot which is adding while kneading the dough.
Cauliflower and Green Peas Stuffed Beetroot Wrap, Tiffin Treats
Bhindi lovers can enjoy it in a unique way – Masala Bhindi Wrap with Curd Dip. When you don’t have time on hand, use left overs rotis to make this nourishing wrap.
Masala Bhindi Wrap with Curd Dip ( Tiffin Treats)
4. Protein Rich Lunch: Protein should be included in almost all meals of the day. As lunch is one of the major meals of the day, it is really important to have proteins in it.
You can make your meals protein rich by adding curds, paneer, dals and beans. Cucumber Carrot Brown Rice will become your favourite lunch box recipe.
Cucumber and Carrot Curd Brown Rice, Low Salt Recipe
Try another simple protein rich everyday fare like Matki Subzi with Phulkas. Sprout the matki beans. They are a good source of protein, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and fibre too.
5. Lunch Salads: For all the health conscious we have created this section. What do you need? Whole grains, beans, paneer and loads of colourful veggies. That’s it.
You are all set for a healthy lunch fare. All you have to do is use your creativity a bit and toss them in different combinations.
Quinoa Paneer Carrot Peppers Salad, for Lunch Or Dinner
We have some ideas for you. Antioxidant Protein Rich Lunch Salad, Rajma Vegetable Healthy Lunch Salad and Quinoa Paneer Carrot Pepper Salad. These salads are brimming with fiber to keep your gut healthy. The antioxidants in them help to build immune system and protect you from various diseases. Go ahead try it out!
Antioxidant, Protein Rich Healthy Lunch Salad
6. Healthy Sweet Treats: Who would not like a sweet in the lunch box occasionally. We have included a sweet recipe which is healthy and easy to make. You can make Date and Nut Coconut Cocoa Balls days in advance and store it in the fridge. This is a healthier sweet option because the dates in it will add natural sweetness. It’s also got a rich taste with nuts like almonds, pistachios and cashewnuts with minimal amount of ghee. These nuts will give a boost of energy and omega 3 fatty acids to you which will help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Date and Nut Coconut Cocoa Balls
Do try our other lunch box recipes from our Top 10 Indian Lunch Box recipes given below: