Date and Walnut Cake, Eggless Date and Walnut Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94220 times
The intense sweetness of dates and the rustic bitterness of walnuts complement each other beautifully in this Eggless Date and Walnut Cake.
An ideal accompaniment for a cup of hot Tea, Chocolate or Coffee , this cake has a well-balanced and homely flavour that everybody is sure to enjoy. While condensed milk enhances the richness of this cake, a dash of coffee powder adds to its flavour, bringing the overall experience to an incomparably high level!
- Combine the coffee powder and 1 tbsp of hot water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the dates and 1 cup of hot water in a bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and condensed milk in a deep bowl and beat it using an electric beater till smooth.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the dates, ½ cup walnuts, vanilla essence and coffee-water mixture and mix well using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf tin of 200 mm. (8”) and tap it lightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of walnuts evenly over it and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 55 minutes.
- Cool slightly, loosen the sides with the help of a knife and demould it.
- Cut the cake into 13 mm. ( ½“) slices.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.