by Tarla Dalal
Added to 111 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29574 times
Whether it soothes you to sleep or wakes you up depends on your taste, but hot chocolate is a universal drink adopted by many people around the world as a regular drink, just like indians embrace coffee or tea. While many think that hot chocolate can be easily prepared by stirring in a spoon of cocoa into a glass of hot milk, real hot chocolate requires a bit of brewing and is best made with grated dark chocolate rather than cocoa powder. Here is a perfect recipe for authentic hot chocolate, to be enjoyed any time during the day with good music, books or company!
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes till the chocolate melts and no lumps remain, while stirring continuously
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream.
- VARIATION : SPICED HOT CHOCOLATE
- Add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder in step 1 to get an aromatic spiced hot chocolate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.