Chocolate Ice- Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 381 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 104605 times
Made with an ideal mix of fresh cream and milk, this will be the best Chocolate Ice-Cream you have ever tasted. So fantastic that you would consider it much better than even store-bought ice-cream. The lingering taste of dark chocolate laced with hints of vanilla is truly memorable, and will remain in your palate for long after the bowl is empty!
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and ½ cup of milk in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- In another broad non-stick pan, combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.