Strawberry Ice- Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11386 times
Children will be delighted if strawberries are available all round the year – they are so fond of this fruit! nevertheless, you can enable them to feast on the best of strawberry-based food when this tangy fruit is in season. Try making this luscious strawberry ice-cream, with the pure and unadulterated taste of fresh strawberries. It is very satisfying to serve kids a dessert they love so much, especially when it is made at home without artificial colours or flavours.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. When it comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornflour, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain the mixture. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream wiht remaining powdered sugar till soft peaks form.
- Pour into a shallow freezeproof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Mix the cooled milk mixture with the cream and strawberry puree.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||145.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.