Chocolate Mousse Cake, Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 446 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85880 times
The chocolate mousse cake is a dessert for those times when you feel like you have earned a treat, because it is quite a rich piece loaded with whipped cream and chocolate!
Take a syrup-soaked chocolate sponge, top it with a layer of chocolate mousse, garnished with freshly-whipped cream and grated chocolate. Dip your fork into it, and remember the magical moment forever.
- Combine the dark chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate-honey mixture and fold gently.
- Divide the mixture 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the chocolate sponge cake on a flat, dry surface and slice it horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Soak each layer of the sponge cake with 3 tbsp of the soaking syrup.
- Spread 1 portion of the whipped cream mixture evenly on the bottom layer of the cake with the help of a palate knife.
- Cover it with another layer of the cake with the soaked layer facing upwards.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream mixture evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with dark chocolate and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.