Chocolate Carrot Loaf
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33143 times
You will love the rustic flavour of this honey flavoured chocolate cake, reinforced with grated carrot, nuts and raisins. The carrot helps to keep the cake moist, while chocolate makes it appeal to all! Condensed milk gives the Chocolate Carrot Loaf a very rich and intense flavour, which makes you want to reach out for another slice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and fold gently into a smooth batter making sure that no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") x 87 mm. (3½ ") loaf tin, pat the tin lightly so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 minutes.
- Cool it, loosen the edges using a knife and demould it by inverting the tin over a rack and tap gently to unmould the loaf.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- To test if the loaf is cooked, insert a knife or a skewer into the loaf. If it is cooked, the knife will come out clean.
Chocolate Carrot Loaf Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per loaf
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.