Methi Oats Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11114 times
These sumptuous rotis are made with a fibre-rich dough of whole wheat flour and quick rolled oats perked up with iron-rich fenugreek leaves. You can use any other greens of your choice too. This imparts a little softness to the rotis enabling you to reduce the amount of oil used to prepare them. However, since we have used only a single teaspoon of oil to make six Methi Oats Rotis, we suggest you serve them immediately as they tend to get dry and hard over time.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and make a soft smooth dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook all the rotis using 1 tsp of oil, till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.