Corn Dhokla ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12538 times
Succulent, fresh dhoklas prepared with a batter of semolina and curds, dotted with juicy kernels of sweet corn, this is likely to become a top favourite with your kids. Adding fruit salt to the batter helps get a nice, fluffy dhokla, while coriander gives a peppy flavour to it. Send the Corn Dhokla in your kids’ tiffin box, accompanied by some green chutney too. Also pack some Roasted Poha and Oats Chivda in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels and curds and blend in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add the semolina, salt, green chilli paste and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt, lemon juice and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased thali and tilt the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly, cut into squares pieces and garnish with coriander.
- Allow them to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box, with green chutney in a separate air-tight box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||113.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||18 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.