Date and Nut Coconut Cocoa Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 181 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16036 times
The Date and Nut Coconut Cocoa Ball is an outta-the-world sweet treat, which can be had as a nutritious evening snack or double-up as a mithai for Diwali and other festivals .
While there is nothing so new about making laddoos out of dry fruits, the coating of coconut and cocoa gives the balls an absolutely new dimension. Coating one side of the ball with coconut and the other side with cocoa not only gives it an all-new taste, but also a very appealing appearance with brown and white hues.
You can make a few batches of this sweet and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. While you are on a sweet-making spree, try other delightful dates-based treats like the Date and Sesame Puranpoli and the Date and Walnut Cake .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the dates and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the almonds, pistachios and cashewnuts and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into round balls.
- Take a ball and dip half the ball into the dessicated coconut and the remaining half into cocoa powder.
- Repeat step 4 for remaining 9 balls.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.