Palak Chana Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52202 times
A medley of spices, veggies, spinach and kala chana make this Palak Chana Pulao a real tongue-tickler. Brown rice enhances the fibre content of this pulao while spinach makes it look appetizing and colourful while providing a bounty of iron. Kala chana is an ideal ingredient that boosts the nutritive value of this dish with its protein, calcium and vitamin A content. Ensure that you soak the chana well in advance so that it cooks faster and is easy to digest. Serve with Instant Lemon Pickle and Low Fat Curds .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium for 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water if the onions start burning.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, capsicum and tomatoes and dry roast on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the spinach, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kala chana and brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. .
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.