Spicy Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1083 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43426 times
A spicy rice delicacy, which makes a perfect main course on days when you find yourself a bit too busy to cook anything elaborate.
All you have to do is temper the brown rice and sprouts with just a spoonful of oil, and let them pressure cook together while you complete other chores.
The whole spices give this Spicy Sprouts Pulao a fantastic aroma and flavour, which makes it unnecessary to prepare an elaborate accompaniment.
Just a cup of chilled, low-fat raita is enough to round off this tasty one-pot meal. Moreover, sprouts are easier to digest and give you abundant calcium, iron and fibre, making this a really wholesome meal too.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the bayleaf, clove, cinnamon and cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 141 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 25.6 gm|
|Fat|| 2.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.4 gm|
|Calcium|| 37.2 mg|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.