by Tarla Dalal
Added to 220 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 459684 times
Crispy treats for your tooth and taste buds, Nacho Chips have a characteristic texture that is quite different from other chips, perhaps due to the combination of maize flour and plain flour.
While a sprinkling of carom seeds and oregano imparts enough aroma and flavour for most purposes, you can add a little chilli powder if you like your chips spicy.
Enjoy crunchy Nacho Chips with your favourite dip. Nacho Chips can also be used to add a crunch to soups and salads like Mexican Nacho Soup and Mexican Salad.
We have also used crushed Nacho Chips in our recipe for Burrito Bowl, a satiating one-dish meal .
Enjoy how to make Nacho Chips recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make nacho chips, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a 250 mm. (10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
- Cut into 16 equal triangles and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 5 to 6 to make 32 more nacho chips in two more batches.
- Cool the nacho chips and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nacho Chips Video by Tarla Dalal
Nacho Chips recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per nacho chip
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.