Masala Bhindi Wrap with Curd Dip ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29903 times
Cumin flavoured rotis are rolled up with a peppy bhindi mixture, which is innovatively flavoured with chaat masala. This Bhindi Wrap stays fresh in the tiffin box for at least 4 to 5 hours, and can be accompanied by a cupful of Curd Dip, again flavoured with chilli and cumin powders, which makes cumin the flavour of the day! If your kid likes the flavour of garlic, you can include some garlic paste in the Curd Dip, else omit it. Pack some Almond Til Chikki for an after lunch sweet treat or for a munch on way back home from school.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the diugh into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it on a medium flame, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 4 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ladies finger and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, chaat masala and salt and mix well.
- Cool completely and divide it into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, garlic paste and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, switch off the flame, add the chilli powder and mix well.
- Pour the tempering over the curds and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface and place one portion of the masala bhindi at one end of the roti.
- Fold the two opposite ends of the roti over the masala bhindi.
- Roll the roti from the stuffed end over the 2 folded sides and seal its tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more wraps.
- Allow the wrap to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box with curd dip in a separate air-tight container.
Nutrient values per wrap
|Vitamin A||184.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.