Chatpata Popcorn ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19125 times
Name a kid who doesn’t like popcorn! This evergreen kids’ favourite is now made more snazzy by the addition of turmeric and chilli powder along with chaat masala too. A vibrantly-coloured and attractively-flavoured treat, the Chatpata Popcorn is sure to be loved by kids on any occasion, be it at a party, while watching a movie, or surprise – in the tiffin box too! You can prepare a large batch in advance and store it in a tightly-lidded jar, to quickly pack in the dabba in the morning. Your kids will have a wonderful time sharing it with their friends during break time at school!Also pack some Spinach Hummus with Cucumber Sticks ( Tiffin Treats) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker, add the maize kernels and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Cover with the lid (refer handy tip) and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the popping sound reduces, switch off the flame and open the lid of the pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Immediately, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and little salt and sauté on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared popcorn, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
- At step 2, do not put the gasket and whistle on the lid of the pressure cooker, to allow the steam to escape and avoid the popcorn from turning soggy
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.