Cauliflower and Green Peas Stuffed Beetroot Wrap, Tiffin Treats
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19190 times
Delightful to behold, your kids will yearn to grab a bite of these delicious wraps!
Pleasant pink coloured Rotis made of whole wheat flour reinforced with grated beetroot are drizzled with hot-and-sweet sauce and packed with a tasteful cauliflower and green peas stuffing. When rolled up tightly and sealed with a toothpick, the wrap is comfortable to handle, without any stuffing spilling out.
The fact that it stays fresh in the tiffin box for 5 hours makes this super-duper Cauliflower and Green Peas Stuffed Beetroot Wrap a real winner!
Cheesy Thepla Potato Wrap and Masala Bhindi Wrap are other delicious wraps that make a filling tiffin lunch.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it lightly on a medium flame on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, cauliflower, green peas and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander and coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bbetroot roti on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tsp of the hot and sweet chilli sauce evenly over it.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Fold the two opposite ends of the roti over the stuffing.
- Start rolling the roti from one open end over the 2 folded sides.
- Roll the entire roti tightly and seal the wrap from the centre using a wooden toothpick.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease the wrap lightly with a little oil and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 3 more wraps.
- Allow the wraps to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
- Remember to inform your kids to remove and discard the toothpick before enjoying the wrap.
Nutrient values per wrap
|Vitamin A||159.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.