· Sweet chili sauces usually come as a thick paste, and are used either as a dipping sauce or in stir frying. Ideal for breaded and fried foods, barbecue, hamburgers, tacos, rice, etc.
· Sweet chilli sauce is a popular condiment in Western and Malaysian cuisine. It is popular as a dip in European Chinese Restaurant dishes such as prawn toast and spring rolls.
· Marinating the chicken with sweet chilli sauce and then grilling on a barbeque is fantastic.
· Sweet Chili sauce is a common ingredient in preparation like Thai stir fry, sweet and hot tempeh, Chinese noodles, Italian Pasta, Chinese Fried rice, soups, stews, etc.
· Pour this sauce over steamed vegetables for a beautiful combination of colour and flavour.
How to store sweet chilli sauce
Keep the bottles in a dark cool cupboard for 3 months before using if you can. After opening the seal, keep sauce in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for delectable taste.
Health benefits of sweet chilli sauce
· The presence of pepper, tomato, oregano and onions in chilli sauce increases the anti oxidant quotient of the sauce
· Chilli sauce is low in fat content and is good source of Vit A, Vitamin C, iron and manganese.