187 | Castor Sugar Recipes | Castor Sugar Recipes for Baking
Castor Sugar Recipes, Castor Sugar Recipes for Baking. Castor sugar is a type of refined sugar that is mainly used in baking confectionaries like cookies and cakes. The only actual difference between this sugar and our regular granulated sugar is the size of the grain. Regular granulated sugar has a larger grain, powdered sugar has really tiny grains that cannot be separated by the naked eye but castor sugar is somewhere in between.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies
It is preferred to be used in baking as it dissolves easier and has a lighter texture as opposed to regular sugar.
Castor Sugar Recipes for Desserts
Banana Chocolate Loaf Recipe, Eggless Dessert
As we know, castor sugar is used mainly for desserts as it dissolves easily and creams well. There are so many types of desserts that can be made with this amazing ingredient.
1. Banana Chocolate Loaf is one such amazing recipe that will blow your mind. The soft sponginess of the cake with a hint of banana flavor is something you have to experience!
2. Another recipe where castor sugar works fantastic is Chocolate Chip Cookies. It is because of this sugar that there is a certain chewiness to the cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Using Eggs
3. Instead of using it in recipes, you can use this ON certain dishes! Combine castor sugar with cocoa powder, cinnamon and coffee powder and dip warm Cappuccino Doughnuts in them. These treats will be loved by kids and adults alike and you wouldn’t even mind eating it for breakfast!
4. Due to the fine grind of the sugar, it makes an ideal ingredient for the ever popular Crème Brulée. The ingredients are all combined together to make a pudding which is then topped with delicious sugar which is then caramelized.
Cakes using castor sugar
Castor sugar works the best in cakes, as it melts and mixes really well in the mixture. Try the below recipes and enjoy.
1. Eggless Marble Cake a lusciously spongy cake with the rich and delicious aroma of condensed milk and vanilla, laced with portions of intense dark chocolate cake.
Eggless Marble Cake, Marble Cake
2. Fatless Sponge Cake aesthetic flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture, the vanilla sponge cake lends itself to many fantastic creations.
Fatless Sponge Cake
3. Orange Raisins Muffin deliciously soft muffins with a tangy orange flavour, dotted with soft sweet raisins, orange raisin muffins make a sumptuous treat for your kids.
4. Jam Roll a dainty appearance that you cannot resist grabbing one! Like open sandwiches, the unique selling proposition of Jam Rolls is that you can see what is inside, due to the exciting spiral shape.
Cookies and biscuit using castor sugar
Make this awesome recipe below and store it in an airtight container and enjoy it whenever you feel like. Easy to follow the recipes and also bakes quickly.
1. Cornflake Cookies these cookies look tantalising and taste brilliant. A mild lacing of lemon juice and vanilla essence enhance the flavour and aroma of the cornflake cookies.
2. Chocolate Cookies a melt-in-the-mouth experience of buttery, milky, chocolaty cookies studded with chocolate chips.
Chocolate Cookies, Homemade Chocolate Cookies
3. Choco Dip Cookies milky, buttery cookies baked to perfection are half-dipped in molten chocolate to add to the rich flavour and visual appeal.
Choco Dip Cookies
4. Atta Biscuits a rich and pleasantly sweet taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture, which is achieved by using atta instead of plain flour.
Atta Biscuits, Eggless Whole Wheat Biscuit
5. Chocolate Almond Biscotti a special type of Italian almond biscuit that is baked twice to get a unique texture that is dry and crunchy.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti, Italian Chocolate Almond Biscotti
6. Eggless Coconut Cookies gourmet bakeries to roadside tea-stalls, everybody stocks this yummy cookie. With the inimitable crunch of desiccated coconut.
Kids favourite recipes using castor sugar
Kids all-time favourite recipes put together. Try below recipes and give a surprise treat to your kids and surely they are going to love it.
1. Condensed Milk Cookies a perfect treat to prepare any time you are in a good mood! Since kids are sure to love the milky flavour of this cookie, you can cut it into different shapes to make it more attractive to them.
2. Cappuccino Doughnuts a lovely coffee-flavoured choice. You will enjoy the fresh flavour of these homemade doughnuts, coated with a cappuccino mixture that has strong hints of coffee.
3. Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream a creamy delight made with dark chocolate and fresh cream, the Ice-creams will tap awake the child in every adult.
Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
4. Chocolate Swiss Roll an innovative variant, which features chocolate cake rolls lined with luscious whipped cream.
Chocolate Swiss Roll
5. Gooey Chocolate Muffins they are not only chocolaty but gooey too, oozing chocolate with every bite!
Gooey Chocolate Muffins
6. Churros a crunchy snack, prepared by deep-frying stick-shaped pieces of sweetened dough. Churros have a unique, crunchy texture because the plain flour is sweetened with an oily sugar syrup.
Breads and teatime cake
Easy recipe to follow, awesome recipes to treat your family and friends. Easily available ingredients in the market.
1. Banana and Walnut Bread a bakery or tea-house and you will surely find some Banana and Walnut Bread to warm your soul and fill your tummy.
Banana and Walnut Bread, Eggless Banana and Walnut Bread
2. Multigrain Bread texture and aroma of warm, freshly-baked bread. It is this irresistible appeal that motivates food lovers to bake their own bread at home.
Multigrain Bread, Homemade Multigrain Bread
3. Rusk basically a bread that is baked twice to make it super crisp, tasty and aromatic.
4. Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread a class apart, this melt-in-the-mouth banana bread steals every heart with its awesome chocolaty, fruit-tinged flavour.
5. Vegan Chocolate Cake intense taste of cocoa but also the indulgent richness of dairy products like butter, cream and condensed milk, which put it out of the reach of vegans.
Innovative Castor Sugar Recipes
Jeera Biscuit Recipe, Jar Snack
Apart from the usual baking, castor sugar is also used in recipes that do not require any sort of baking or sometimes even cooking! Thai cuisine has a very unique dish in their repertoire which is Thai Stir Fried Noodles. These noodles are stir fried with vegetables and then tossed in a slightly sweet peanut sauce. Here the peanut sauce uses castor sugar as it dissolves easily and does not leave any grains, resulting in a smooth sauce. Just like that, it is also added to a Thai Cucumber Relish to give it a rich sweetness.
Cucumber Relish, Thai Cucumber Pickle
When you think of biscuits, the first thing that comes to your mind is sweet biscuits but in India we also have Jeera Biscuits. These appetizing, slightly sweet biscuits have a unique roasted cumin taste that comes through beautifully.
If you like this, then do scroll down do get more Castor Sugar Recipes, Castor Sugar Recipes for Baking.