Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31753 times
What can be more ideal for a special day than some homemade Chocolate Truffle Ice-cream. A creamy delight made with dark chocolate and fresh cream, the Chocolate Truffle Ice-creams will tap awake the child in every adult.
Despite being a rich and lovable delight, it also has a mature dark chocolate flavour that even adults will love. To make it even more enjoyable, throw in some chocolate chips too.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tablespoons of cold water in bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of water in a broad non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the fire, add the dark chocolate and mix well to get a smooth sauce. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, castor sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and melted chocolate mixture and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Thaw the ice-cream for 2 t o3 minutes and then scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.