Gooey Chocolate Muffins
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6100 times
These Gooey Chocolate Muffins are more than what you would expect of a chocolate muffin... they are not only chocolaty but gooey too, oozing chocolate with every bite!
Eggless chocolate-flavoured muffins are stuffed with chocolate chips before baking. The heat melts the chocolate chips to fill the muffins with a chocolaty sauce, which escapes from the muffin to meet your taste buds when you bite into it. Just close your eyes and take in an experience that you can never forget.
These gooey muffins are an exciting after school treat for kids , just perfect for a Birthday Party or a High Tea Party , they make a delicious pudding when served with Ice-cream and are also a festive treat to give for Diwali and Christmas .
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and mix well, using a whisk till smooth.
- Add the curds and whisk well.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and fold gently using a spatula.
- Divide the batter into 18 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 9 paper muffin cups in a muffin tray and fill each cup with a portion of the batter.
- Tap them lightly and top it with 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips in each mould.
- Put the remaining portion of the batter over the chocolate chips in each mould and again tap lightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per muffin
|Vitamin A||175.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.