Eggless Coconut Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21947 times
Coconut Cookies are a favourite with everybody. From gourmet bakeries to roadside tea-stalls, everybody stocks this yummy cookie. With the inimitable crunch of desiccated coconut and the enticing aroma of butter, these delectable Eggless Coconut Cookies will be worthy company at tea-time !
A perfect mix of plain flour, semolina and coconut gives this pleasantly-sweet cookie the ideal texture. Allow these cookies to cool completely before tasting because they will be soft and slightly soggy while warm.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well with a help of a spatula till the mixture turns light and creamy.
- Add the desiccated coconut, plain flour and semolina, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round cookie.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cookie
|Vitamin A||342.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.