by Tarla Dalal
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74346 times
An absolutely creamy, heavenly, melt-in-the-mouth treat with a milky flavour laced with caramel syrup.
The stunningly sweet syrup is in beautiful contrast to the vanilla-tinged, milky taste and light, creamy texture of the dessert.
The Crème Brulée has a unique texture, brought about by baking and then refrigerating the sweetened batter of egg and milk. Make sure you pour the caramelized sugar on the Crème Brulée just before serving to get the best appearance and texture.
You can also try other caramel-based desserts like the Caramel Custard and the Caramelized Rum and Raisin Ice-cream .
- Combine the egg yolk and ¼ cup of castor sugar in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk till smooth and light yellow in colour. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, castor sugar and vanilla essence in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sugar melts.
- Pour the hot milk mixture gradually in the egg yolk-sugar mixture, while whisking continuously so that the egg doesn’t scramble.
- Pour the milk mixture in 5 equal ramekin moulds and keep aside.
- Take an aluminium tray, fill it ½ with water and place the 5 ramekin moulds at regular intervals.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 minutes. Cool slightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the caramel syrup
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes, without stirring it. Allow it to melt and caramelizes into a golden brown colour syrup. Keep tilting the pan occasionally.
- Remove the ramekin moulds from the refrigerator and place them on a clean dry surface.
- Immediately pour the caramel sugar syrup over each ramekin moulds to form a very thin layer.
- Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not refrigerate after pouring the caramelized sugar on top as the sugar will sweat and spoil the appearance of the dessert.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per brulée
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.