Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79407 times
Crunchy, creamy, rich—there is no shortage of praise for this dessert! this is luscious party fare, with the special touch of hazelnuts. However, where hazelnuts are not available you can use walnuts instead, without compromising on the taste and feel. While making the praline, take care not to stir the sugar; allow it to melt on its own to avoid the sugar from sticking to the spatula. To make this mousse quick and easy, i have opted for a spread like nutella that is readily available.
- Melt the sugar in non-stick pan on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add the hazelnuts and mix well to make a praline.
- Pour the prepared mixture on the greased rolling board or butter paper and roll it with greased rolling pin so as to get a thin layer.
- Once set, crush the praline coarsely with a rolling pin and keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the sugar and beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Add the prepared hazelnut praline and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for atleast 3 to 4 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with beaten whipped cream and a chocolate byte and serve chilled.
- Instead of hazelnuts, you can use equal proportion of walnuts (akhrot).
- You can also use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- While making hazelnut praline, at step no 4 do not touch the praline with your hands at this point as it is really hot and can cause serious burns.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.