Mango Ginger Mousse
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27531 times
A refreshing finale to this unusual gastronomic experience! Candied ginger is fresh ginger that's cooked in sugar syrup and crystallized. It is easily available at most grocery stores.
- Soak the gelatine in 2-3 tablespoon of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and gelatine with 2-3 tablespoon of water in a bowl and place it over a double boiler and whisk continuously to make a thick custard.
- When the mixture coats the back of a spoon it is ready and can be taken off the double boiler.
- Cool slightly and fold in the mango purée and the candied ginger.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean dry bowl till soft peaks form and keep aside.
- Whip the cream and fold into the mango mixture.
- Gently add the whisked egg whites and fold it in carefully.
- Pipe it into a tart or a chocolate shell using a large 5 star nozzle.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.