Fatless Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 415 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82169 times
However many types of sponges you might have tried, you are sure to agree that there is nothing as versatile as the vanilla sponge cake! With its mellow but aesthetic flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture, the vanilla sponge cake lends itself to many fantastic creations.
Whether you give it a fruity glaze or a chocolaty dressing, the vanilla sponge cake lets your creativity shine, lending its full support. Here is a Fatless Sponge Cake made with eggs, which can be had by weight-conscious folks too.
Use the sponge to make Fruit and Jelly Gateau or just glaze it with Mocha Glaze Icing , Lemon Glaze Icing , Orange Glaze Icing or Chocolate Butter Icing and enjoy along with some chopped mixed fruits and low fat cream .
- Sieve the flour. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl very well until thick and double in quantity using an electric beater.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix lightly.
- Fold in the well-sieved flour carefully and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Loosen the sides with a knife, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- 9. Keep aside to cool and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.