Vanilla Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86465 times
A simple vanilla songe cake use in a different desserts.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75 ml. Water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150°c (300°f) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute and unmould.
- Variaton : CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder at step one and proceed as specified.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.