Chocolate Swiss Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11180 times
The moment we think of Swiss Rolls, we immediately think of spongy vanilla cake rolls lined with mixed fruit jam. The Chocolate Swiss Roll is an innovative variant, which features chocolate cake rolls lined with luscious whipped cream.
A drizzling of chocolate sauce further enhances the appeal of this delicious dessert , making it a treat beyond comparison, especially for chocolate lovers.
- Grease a 250 mm. X 150 mm. (10” x 6”) aluminium tin with butter, place a butter paper of the same size over it and again grease the butter paper with butter. Keep aside.
- Combine the eggs and castor sugar in a deep bowl, mix well and beat using an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium speed, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder and vanilla essence and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the greased tin and bake in an pre-heated at 200°c (400°f) for 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once it is slightly cooled, loosen the sides of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar evenly on a clean, dry surface and invert the cake tin over it. Slowly peel the butter paper and discard it.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake and roll it gently from one side to the other to form a swiss roll.
- Place the roll on a serving plate and apply the chocolate sauce evenly over it with the help of a palette knife.
- Cut the roll into 7 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.