Jam Roll, Jam Swiss Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64182 times
Jam Rolls have such a dainty appearance that you cannot resist grabbing one! Like open sandwiches, the unique selling proposition of Jam Rolls is that you can see what is inside, due to the exciting spiral shape in which it is cut – this makes the rolls totally irresistible.
This traditional Jam Roll recipe is made with eggs, to get a super-soft, melt-in-the-mouth texture. Cloaked in sugar and lined with mixed fruit jam, the rolls get an awesomely fruity aroma and flavour, which make them very, very desirable indeed!
These dainty rolls are very attractive and tempting to serve for High Tea Party along with other goodies like Almond Biscotti , Baked Sun-dried Tomatoes and Cheese Rolls , Cheese Cookies , Chinese Creamy Corn Tart , Choco Dip Cookies , Corn Croquettes , Mini Cheese and Dill Sandwiches and many more.
- Grease a 200 mm. X 150 mm. (10” x 6”) aluminium tin with butter, place a butter paper of the same size over it and again grease the butter paper with butter. Keep aside.
- Combine the eggs and castor sugar in a deep bowl, mix well and beat using an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium speed, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and vanilla essence and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the greased tin and bake in an pre-heated at 200°c (400°f) for 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once it is slightly cooled, loosen the sides of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar evenly on a clean, dry surface and invert the cake tin over it. Slowly peel the butter paper and discard it.
- Apply the jam evenly over the cake and roll the cake gently from one side to the other to form a swiss roll.
- Cut into 7 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.