Carrot Pinwheels ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58657 times
carrot pinwheels | carrot sandwich rolls recipe | carrot stuffed sandwich roll | Indian carrot snack.
carrot pinwheels is a perfect party starter when it comes to kids. Made from simple ingredients like carrots, cheese spread and bread slices this Indian carrot sandwich roll is easy and quick to make. Learn how to make carrot stuffed sandwich roll.
These carrot stuffed sandwich rolls make a nice snack for your little one when he is hungry or just in the mood to nibble on something.
You can replace the carrot and celery with other grated veggies, grated apple etc in these carrot pinwheels and use whole wheat bread instead of plain flour bread making it filling and nutritious too.
To make, carrot sandwich rolls, make the topping first. For that combine carrot, cheese spread, celery, ketchup, salt and pepper and mix very well. Then trim the edges of each of the bread slices and roll them out thinly using a rolling pin. Place a rolled bread slice on a dry, flat surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it. Carefully lift one end of the bread slice and roll it up tightly till the other end to make a roll. Carrot pinwheels are ready!
Tips for carrot sandwich rolls. 1. Use absolutely fresh bread for the recipe, else the bread will break while rolling. 2. For adults, tomato ketchup can be replaced with Schezwan sauce or any other spicy garlic sauce. 3. Remember to serve carrot pinwheels immediately.
Learn to make carrot pinwheels | carrot sandwich rolls recipe | carrot stuffed sandwich roll | Indian carrot snack | with step by step photos and video below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the bread slices, and mix well.
- Divide this topping into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of each of the bread slice and roll them out thinly using a rolling pin.
- Place a rolled bread slice on a dry, flat surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Carefully lift one end of the bread slice and roll it up tightly till the other end to make a roll.
- Repeat the steps 4 and 5 to make 5 more pinwheels.
- Cut each pinwheel into 2 equal portions diagonally.
- Serve immediately.
- Use only fresh bread slices or else they break while rolling. However if the bread slice is a little stale, steam it for a while before rolling them.
Carrot Pinwheels Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per pinwheel
|Vitamin A||146.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.